Flexi tank containers are safe, time-tested and reliable, cost-effective technology for transporting non-hazardous liquid loads.
In 1960 flexitank was developed by the US military to store and transport water and diesel. It was a liquid storage device made of several layers of polyethylene, with an external woven polypropylene hood. As global trade expanded, logistics used this technology to transport non-hazardous liquids simply by placing them in standard dry containers. This essentially makes the marine container a safer and more economical transportation alternative. Flexitank containers carry foods such as food oil, fruit concentrates, beverages and non-hazardous chemical products. Transportation has become popular due to their high efficiency and excellent protection.
What liquids can be transported in Flexitank?
- All unhazardous liquids;
- Temperature-controlled loads from -20 ° C to 80 ° C;
Below is a non-exhaustive list of all the goods that can be transported in flexitanks:
Aluminium chlorine hydroxide
and much more …
Ask our specialists to find out if your product can be transported with flexitanks.
However, the latest technologies in the production of flexitanks allow to produce a wide range of flextanks. They can also carry both perishable and temperature-control goods. If you need to deliver liquids in large quantities – contact our specialists. If you need to carry a load that will need to be heated at discharge place (paraffin, molasses) – please contact us with courage. We have solutions for the carriage of such goods in the flexitanks.
Depending on how many layers it is made of, there are three types of flexitanks:
- Multi-layer flexitanks: the first flexitanks were made from 4-5 polyethylene layers. The main advantage of multi-layer flexitanks is that each layer is very thin and flexible, so it is very easy to wrap flexitank after unloading the load. This enables do not leave the cargo residues in the flexitank. However, these layers are easily split, so part of the product can be left between layers, and it is impossible to restore them.
- Single-layer flexitanks: This type of equipment is made of a single layer of polyethylene, thicker than multi-layer, making it less flexible. Its main advantage is that the product can not stay between the layers. This flexitank is very strong. However, since it is less flexible, it is more likely that due to excessive force, a crack or rupture in one of the corners will occur.
- Double-layer flexitanks: combining the advantages of the two previous systems, a double-layer flexitank was born. It is made of a layer of polyethylene, solid as a single layer, but thin and flexible, laminated with a second twisted layer, which protects the inside of the container from bumps.
- glycerin transport, 20 000 l
- 24 000 l
- olive oil 22 000 l
- palm oil 21 000 l
- for polyol transport, 19 000 l
- for the transport of latex, 19 000 l
Which liquids can be transported to FLEXITANK?
As a rule, it can carry any unhazardous liquids. Below is a non-exhaustive list of all that can be transported flexitank:
- White oils
- palm oil
- Ricinolenic acid
- Transformer oils
- Edible oils
- Lactic acid
- Vegetable oil
- Drinking water
- Aluminium chlorine hydroxide
- Fruit concentrates
- Malt extract
- Natural latex
- Synthetic latex
- Non-hazardous chemicals
- Printing ink
- and much more …
To find out if your product can be transported flexitank, ask us. Contact details.
We can also offer flexitanks for land transport. Please read more about it here.